Monday, August 8, 2011

Meow.


Have we all seen the new Catwoman photo? Well here it is. The first official photo of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman to hit the web from Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises. Not very cat-like now is it? Hopefully there will be more pictures to come but this isn't really doing it for me. Don't get me wrong it is nowhere near the atrocity that was Halle Berry...shudder..but it is also not anywhere near as awesome as Michelle Pfeiffer in Batman Returns.

Michelle_Pfeiffer_Batman_Returns_poster_Cat_Woman
I will admit right now that I am totally biased towards Batman Returns. Yes I was the ripe old age of 6 when that movie came out but I can remember going to it in theaters. (No censoring here!) I grew up watching the two Tim Burton Batman movies. My seventh birthday was Catwoman themed! (If I can find pictures I will post them!) I remember having a balloon and party favors with Catwoman on them. I also remember that I had a purple Catwoman t-shirt and a Catwoman diary. Seeing the movie again years later I think that the Catwoman from Batman Returns  is perhaps a bit  of an odd role model for young girls but I think that only makes me love her more. Nothing is sexier than that shiny black outfit with the large white stitches (early craft crush).

I am only being hard on the Anne Hathaway Catwoman because I have such high hopes. I love Christopher Nolan and I have faith in him so we will just have to wait and see.



No comments:

Post a Comment