Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas treats and friends' ugly sweater party!

 Want to make some super easy and delicious holiday treats? Then I invite you to try the super fast Christmas candy my friend brought to my attention during the snowstorm last week.

You take pretzels (I found these 'waffle' pretzels which in my opinion are delightful!), top it with a hershey's kiss (experiment with the different flavors, I made mint truffle, Irish cream, and dark chocolate), pop it in a 200 degree oven for 3-4 minutes (just melty),  and then take it out of the oven and top it with a festive m&m (or two) and let it set. SIMPLE! DELICIOUS! Completely addicting. The perfect balance of salty and sweet. Bag a few varieties up and you have a great hostess gift to bring to your next soiree.

Here are pictures from our most epic ugly sweater holiday party. Yep the crab dish made another appearance! I love it so much I am just going to carry it around with me. We had homemade chicken wild rice soup, bbq mini wieners, shrimp and cocktail sauce, fresh made potato latkes, cornbread, a cream puff tower, spritz cookies, chex mix, puppy chow, and homemade candies.

 Mike showing off the extra sweater I bought just in case. I think the ruffles make it.
But Sarah def wins it with the ugly/sweet sweater with dangling mittens!

No comments:

Post a Comment