Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Zombie Mary- The Coat


So this is what we are going for. Except zombiefied. I bought this coat at a thrift store:
Not exactly right but for 2 bucks we can work with it. I will say it many times throughout this process but when it comes to zombies...YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE PERFECT BECAUSE YOU WILL BE DISHEVELED AND BLOODY WHEN YOU ARE UNDEAD. So even though Mary might be practically perfect in every way her zombie counterpart does not have to be. 

The skirt I bought for this project is a bit shorter than I would like so the coat was a bit long. I took off the 'brass' buttons, cut it shorter, took out the shoulder pads (shudder) and cinched it in the back a bit to make it more fitted.




I am leaving the edges undone and frayed. Like I said...we are not going for 'put together'. 

This is all I have for now. Next up- crafting a hat out of things I have around the house!


No comments:

Post a Comment