Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fed Up

I guess I thought junk mail was just one of those things that you had to live with. But WHY? It is such a huge waste and I hate it. In my life I am trying to simplify in all areas and become more environmentally and conscious. I am not going to go live in a tree but there are more steps I can take than the everyday things I am already doing. Today my beef is with junk mail. I don't even own a credit card (and hopefully never will) so why do they insist on sending me this crap? Grr.


The other day I was going through a large pile of junk mail and I decided enough was enough. I sent them something back.

Spam me? I am going to spam you back.



I recycled as much of the 'mail' as I could and then used their little envelopes that do not require a stamp and sent them a little note. Then I went on google trying to figure out how to get off some of these lists.  I went to this website. I think I may even have to call my college since they keep bugging me for money. 1. I am still in debt up to my eyeballs to them and I am unemployed (thanks liberal arts education) and 2. I will inform them that the amount of money they will save in paper and postage and printing costs will be my donation.

Here is a treasury I posted to honor those who know how to reuse this junk for better use. I tried using that new thing where you can post an entire active treasury to the blog but for some reason it will not generate html for me. I am going to try again latter because that would just be all kinds of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment