Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pancakery: Pancake Reviews

Welcome to the first Pancakery post! I like pancakes. Like really like pancakes.  After getting a couple different mixes for Christmas, and pinning a plethora of pancake recipes on Pinterest I have decided to start a little Pancake review section. So any time I try a new pancake I'll share and let you know what I think. If you have any that you are particularly fond of send them my way!

First up:

I received this mix for Christmas. Always fun to try new pancakes. But here is my question: What is the point of a mix if I have to add more than one ingredient to it? Yeah I probably like from scratch the best, but if I am going for convenience I don't really want to have to add egg, buttermilk, and melted butter! Might as well make them myself at that point. The mix itself is a bit on the runny side but it did make nice large 'plate sized' pancakes just like the package said. We got 4 large pancakes and one smaller one out of a 'serving'. While they were cooking they smelled just like fresh waffle cones! The taste was on the sweeter side too and they paired nicely with just regular old pancake syrup.

Mmm. Pancakes. We also got a coconut flavored mix from the same brand. I'll let you know how those turn out. But for the amount of extra work these took with no special flavors I'd probably stick to homemade. Happy Breakfasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment