Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Too much Star Wars?

This amazing skirt was posted on the Craft blog from this etsy seller.


My friend read a blog post about how you are supposed to watch all of the Star Wars movies in a certain order. I don't know which post started the original discussion because it seems that several people have since written about it. Anywho we decided that instead of just talking about it we were going to DO IT! A full on Star Wars marathon. We started with Episode IV and V then jumped back to II and III (skipping one completely) and then finishing with Episode VI.

It was a really long day but totally worth it. I was a little sad that we didn't watch The Phantom Menace because that movie holds a very special place in my heart. It was my first midnight showing of a movie and I was 12. 12! I also really loved Queen Amidala's wardrobe. I grew up watching the old trilogy but 'A New Hope' has always been my favorite. Best part of the day was that we watched it with a newbie! She knew about Vader being Luke's father but she didn't know about Luke and Leia being related! (Sorry if I just ruined it for you but seriously just watch the movies already!) So it was really cute during episodes IV and V she would keep saying "but doesn't Luke get the girl?" and I would just have to reassure her that everything would work out. 

But by the end of the day I was pretty cranky. I had just hit my edge of 'too much' and it was a bit downhill from there. Glad I did it but ready to get out and do stuff! Ha. Also I really want to make some nerdy/awesome Star Wars crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment