Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thrifting 2.16





So yesterday (President's Day 09) I decided to head over to my local Savers to get my thrift store fix. For one scary moment I thought that it might be closed because of the holiday, but my fears melted as I saw a full parking lot. And I mean FULL and I was there at 9am when the store OPENS! Mondays are usually a good day to go because their oldest merch (with a certain color tag) is $.99! Today was even better - ALL used merchandise was 50% off- and the place was already a madhouse!

I don't ever use a cart but I did grab a shopping basket because I was ready to go a little wild. Soon my little basket was almost too heavy for me to drag around so I headed for the check out. On this trip I got

1 button down shirt
2 skirts
1 pair of pants
suspenders
1 wooden tray (perfect for a craft project I have in mind)
1 punch bowl (with ladle, 8 cups and the little plastic things to hang them on)
and........ A SNACK SET!!! 3 plates, 3 cups, total awesome-ness

grand total= $22.93.

All in all a really good day.

Hello punchbowl. My sister said I would never use you, but she is wrong, oh how she is wrong.



My new perfect snack set! Well, I am still drooling over some over at etsy but for $2 for 6 pieces I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment