Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oscar treats- brainstorming

So I am trying to find a treat/snack to go with each of the 5 nominees for Best picture. I am still in idea stage but here is what I am thinking so far:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: Has to be candies made from the adorable Vintage Button Candy mold that I just got in the mail from Bake It Pretty! (http://www.bakeitpretty.com/)

Frost/Nixon: I am thinking Frosting/Nixon- cupcakes with tons of yummy frosting with Nixon's pic on toothpicks like Emily from 'inside a black apple' http://theblackapple.typepad.com/inside_a_black_apple/food_and_drink/page/2/

Milk: This one might be too obvious. I am going to try to think of something more creative than a glass of milk. Maybe cookies frosted like Harvey Milk's campaign signs? Hmm....

Slumdog Millionaire: Maybe mini hot dogs to get away from the sweets theme. (My little sis suggested using relish to draw dollar signs on them)

The Reader: No idea. Havent seen it yet either. (should be going this week).

No comments:

Post a Comment