Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Decorating on a Budget

And when I say 'on a budget' I mean zero money. Well actually I think I spent 3 bucks on computer paper.

I took some old Christmas garland from my mom's house and spent a night watching "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" and cut out some paper snowflakes. I didn't use any fancy schmancy patterns but I hear that there are some really good ones out there.


 Strung some up with yarn to add some dimension above our table- also borrowed the table cloth from my mom!
 My empty frames are back! I just love them so much. I strung them with some vintage white garland and hung a single snowflake from each one.
 We decided to leave our 'Three Broomsticks' decoration up from the Harry Potter Party so I decorated them too. (Roomie changed the sign to read 'It's a Wonderful Life'!)
All the extra snowflakes got stuck up on a blank spot. Easy, festive, cheap. That is the only way I decorate! We have been just getting warmer temperatures and rain for the last couple of days here in MN so our perfect dusting of snow has left us! Hopefully we will get some more before Christmas...until then the inside of our house will have to function as our Winter Wonderland.

Happy Holidays!

Keep crafting...only ten days left before Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment