Monday, July 25, 2011

Warrior Dash- MN 2011

 


Well this snuck up on me a bit! All of a sudden it was here! So much for training...

Warrior Dash is a 5k obstacle course. Peer pressure and the promise of a costume contest got me to sign up. Fear and adrenaline got me through the day. Pretty much any event that encourages costumes is a good choice in my book. Of course I wasn't going to be 'competitive' enough to be a bad-ass warrior so I went in the opposite direction- Care Bear. That's right people I said Care Bear. First off I went as 'Good Luck Bear' and let's face it I needed all the luck I could get. Secondly I was hoping to show that I was there to have a fun time and not to break records- and I had a faster time than over 1,500 people...so they all got their ass kicked by a Care Bear!!!! I kid. Everyone was really nice and except for a few crazy people there was more a sense of community then competition. Complete strangers talked me over the cargo net obstacle and the rope wall. I got high fives from groups I didn't even know as we conquered obstacles together. Minnesota Nice at its best.


My time was just over an hour which was fine by me. Most of the group I went with was in the 45 minute range and one crazy guy got done in 28 fricken minutes! CRAZY! The part that really killed me? The hills. The whole course was at a ski resort so the hills were insane. I never completely stopped moving and I did all the obstacles. Our group split up pretty fast so it was just me and my crazy self running around, trying not to die and making friends. Other large groups would wait for each other after every obstacle which was really cute. Adorable couples were encouraging each other along the way and passerbys had hilarious comments on how 'this was a dumb idea' and 'omg we paid for this'. Good times!

The rest of my group is already talking about doing it again next year. I don't know if that is in my future or not. I am super glad I did it but I don't know if I need to do it again. We will see.
Crossing the finish line!
Now that my super-cute costume is a bit roughed up and dirty it might transition well into an adorable Care-Bear zombie costume for this year's Zombie Pub Crawl. We will see...plenty of brain eating storming until then : )


These are just a few of our pictures I am hoping that the official website will have some really cool pictures up soon and I will try to share those as well.



Later that same day I got to go see Captain America with an old friend who I hadn't seen since college. It was a super good day. Go see the movie!(Chris Evans...droooooool.)

No comments:

Post a Comment