Thursday, July 14, 2011

Currently Obsessed With: Carolina Chocolate Drops

Hello and welcome to a very special episode of Currently Obsessed With. Featuring...


The Carolina Chocolate Drops!

If you haven't heard of this band you are in for a treat. This group is filled with super talented musicians sharing their love a music tradition that has all but died out. For more info on the history of string-band music check it out here.      
                                                                                                    
Also check out this video:



 This makes me really want to be in a band. I played violin for years and have messed on and off with the guitar but since high school orchestra I haven't really played with a group of people. My problem  is wanting to do everything. I want to play fiddle, banjo, harmonica, washboard (See Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band), and 'the bones' or spoons to you folks. I just think it would be sweet to jam out on these old school instruments. Anyone up for starting a string/jug band? Let me know.

In other news...

~ I am a super-nerd who has started volunteering at the local history center. I get to dress up and read Laura Ingalls Wilder books to kids in a log cabin. 
~I am freaking out about Warrior Dash. It looks super hard and I haven't been training like I said I was going to oh so many months ago. Oops. One week! BAH!
~HARRY POTTER COMES OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, super-nerd. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment