Saturday, May 15, 2010

Murder By Death



On Wednesday I got off of work early and rushed up to the cities so I could see Murder By Death! I was afraid that I wasn't going to have anyone to go with- the friend I was planning on going with realized about a week ago that this was finals week for her! But never fear for my trusty friend Sarah came to the rescue! Why I didn't think to ask her sooner I don't know but she is such an obvious choice. We are concert buddies through and through. Together we have seen Flogging Molly, Sum 41, and Apocalyptica (twice!). I am thinking there were others that I am simply blanking on at this time. We also try to go to the symphony once in awhile just to even things out! (We were 'stand partners' in orchestra in high school.)



The concert was amazing. I had only seen Murder By Death once before on accident about 5 years ago when I saw them opening for The Hush Sound. I have been hooked ever since. One of my best friends Britt is really into them as well. Sadly she lives in Colorado but she got to see them there about a month ago and she told me all about it! I had never been to the Triple Rock before but it was really cool and of course the band rocked it! I love when bands play a good mix of their new stuff along with everyone's old favorites.



The only negative of the concert? Two super obnoxious drunk girls. Sure I like to get my drink on now and then but I went to the concert to SEE the CONCERT not to hop around like a crazy person, yelling stupid things, and running into people (mostly me). Why is it every time I go to a concert I run into someone that I want to punch in the face? (It has happened at Marilyn Manson and most recently Doomtree) Well I didn't punch this girl but I really wanted to. I did give her the elbow a couple of times and at one point just took my hand and pushed her as far away from me as possible at which point she turned around and gave me this look and said "WHAAAT?!?!?!?!" and I told her matter of factly that she should "Stop f*ing running into me." She wandered off soon after that to annoy others. Grrr. There is always one.


No comments:

Post a Comment