Monday, January 10, 2011

Arizona Love

My thoughts are with the families touched by the tragedy in Tucson this week. I don't yet know how to express in words all I feel about this sad event. In times like these it is incredibly easy for me to think the worst of humankind. So many horrible things happen everyday that it is hard to wrap your mind around it all.

Though I fall into this bleak outlook all to easily I was pulled out of my dark thoughts by some of the best people in the world, my friends. Two of my friends are now living just north of Tucson, AZ and a large group of us have been planning on visiting them this Februrary. I was worried that I would not be able to afford this trip as I had just quit a job that was awful and replaced it with a more pleasant, though less lucrative, part time job. As the group of us got together to finalize plans my friend pulled out a handmade card stuffed with cash. All of them had chipped in whatever they had and gave it to me as an early birthday present (my birthday will be during the trip). Words cannot express how sweet this was of them. They were just hoping to offset some of my worry about the trip but what they did was so much more, they restored my faith in people. I am misting up right now just thinking about it.

I hope you and yours are well.

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts, they make my day brighter. You have great friends, because you are the best friend anyone could ever ask for. I hope you know, you deserve all the good things that come into your life.

    ReplyDelete