Thursday, January 14, 2010

Impulsive

So part of my New Year's resolution this year is to allow myself to be more impulsive. That is exactly what I am doing today. Welcome to RubyMarilyn. My new blog, new etsy store (which is empty at the moment), and new flickr. I needed change. As much as I loved last year and all it did for me I really needed to let go of old ideas a start fresh. New year, new decade, you know the drill.

My old blog/etsy/flickr was spes (latin for hope). It was one of those names that I decided upon without actually really thinking about. Today at work while doing nothing special at all it suddenly struck me like lightning (and let me tell you- I have been waiting for some lightning in my life) so I WENT FOR IT. Ruby=my paternal great grandmother, Marilyn=my maternal grandmother. Together they equal RubyMarilyn two of my favorite women who taught me how to craft, create, bake, and all the other things that I have been making a part of my everyday life. Besides the general wonderfullness of crafty baking goodness I will also ramble about movies, movie stars, fashion, history, politics and whatever else strikes my fancy. I look forward to this new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment