Tuesday, September 22, 2009

weekend thrifting


(the smallest one is filled with pumpkin spice kisses!)

This weekend was really good to me- thrift wise. I have become a little obsessed with cake plates and covered plates for all sorts of baked goods and more. Friday at Thrift Store #1 I found 2 'covers' for $2 each! I think they actually may be cheese plate covers but they are really cool regardless of their former use. They did not come with plates but I am thinking of making some Halloween themed ones for my Halloween party that I am convincing my roommate to let me throw! At Thrift Store #2 I found the most adorable mini-glass cover and dish! It was $3 and so darn cute I think I squeaked with delight at finding it.

Sunday I went to Gold Rush which is this huge antiques sale at our fair grounds with hundreds of sellers. They have it a couple of times a year and I go as often as I can. This round was much more sparse than other years but there is always enough stuff to keep you drooling. Gold Rush is usually way more expensive than your average garage sale or thrift sale because these people know what they are doing. But if you are a collector or a very persistent bargain hunter it usually creates some good deals. This time my best deal was the glass cake plate w/cover for $11! I love it so hard. Now I have three different sized covers- which will look amazing with all the fall treats I am going to be baking!!!

4 pieces grand total: $18 - still less than the 1 similar cake stand/cover I saw at a local craft store.

No comments:

Post a Comment