Saturday, August 15, 2009

moving into my first apartment

No this is not the couch that I (along with 3 friends) moved on Thursday but the situation looks familiar. I am in the process of moving into my very first apartment right now and while we have all the 'big stuff' moved in it will be a slow process moving the rest. The slow process is helped by the fact that my apartment is only a few blocks away from my old house! Now of course I am having anxiety over whether or not this was the right thing to do. Because although living with my family was driving me crazy it was, shall we say, cheap. With a new apartment and soon a new car to pay for along with student loans it is going to be a tight (like corset tight) budget this year.

But I think it will be good for me. It will let me live like an actual adult for awhile and I will see how I am at it. If it is an epic fail I can run home to mom without too much trouble (besides bruised pride). The costs will be shared by my roommate and we will help each other in this little experiment to spend less and make do with what we have.

Hopefully we will have internet at home soon so I can catch up on some things I have been up to. Posts coming soon....pie pops, thrift store finds, and NEW APARTMENT PHOTOS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment