Monday, April 20, 2009

Dr. Manhattan Embroidery


Dr. Manhattan Embroidery
Originally uploaded by spes.craft
I posted awhile ago on kittyzilla and her amazing embroidery patterns featuring the characters of 'Watchmen' and this is my first attempt at one of the patterns. I don't consider myself a great embroiderer. I don't know lots of stitches and someone (maybe my grandmother?) once told me that you could tell good embroidery because of the clean and neat BACK as well as front. Well I won't shame myself with a picture of the back of this piece but lets just say it is not clean and neat!

I like embroidery because it is fairly mobile. I did 'Dr. Manhattan' at work and now I am working on Rorschach. I work overnights and sometimes it is busy and sometimes it isn't so it is nice to have something to keep the hands busy while trying to stay awake.

I don't know what I am going to do with these once they are done. I was thinking they would look nice on the wall in simple frames. My mom suggested a small quilt. Hmm.

3 comments: